Virtual Conference held on Thursday 18th March 2021
Following the difficult decision not to hold a face to face conference in 2021 we are delighted to report we held a successful and informative virtual conference with over 200 delegates who attended on the day. Don't worry if you couldn't attend on the day. All registered delegates are now able to access the recording of the event until 18th June 2021 by clicking on the link below and entering the user name and password for Talking Slides.
For BADS members it is available via the link below and will be available in the BADS members area of the website after 18th June 2021. Please note you need to use the Talking Slides login and password, not your BADS website login.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
- COVID-19 and the challenges facing elective surgery
- Why and how should you default to day surgery to maintain elective pathways
- Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT): Anaesthetics and perioperative medicine national report
- Reducing variation: London recovery of elective surgery programme
- Recent experiences of how to achieve successful day case Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Maxillofacial, General Surgery & Urology
- How Covid-19 has changed pre-assessment practice
- Professor Tim Cook, Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Royal United Hospital NHS Trust, Bath
- Professor Tim Briggs CBE, Chairman GIRFT, National Director for Clinical Improvement at NHSE
- Dr Mary Stocker, Immediate Past President BADS
- Dr Mike Swart, GIRFT National Clinical Lead for Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine
- Dr Chris Snowdon, GIRFT National Clinical Lead for Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine
- Mr David Bunting, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, North Devon District Hospital
- Mr Peter Scott, Consultant Gynaecologist, Derriford Hospital Plymouth
- Dr Claire Blandford, Consultant Anaesthetist, Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Miss Francine Ryba, Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, King's College Hospital, London
- Mr Jiten Parmar, Craniomaxillofacial Trauma Surgeon, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust
- Mr Feras Al Jaafari, Consultant Urologist, Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline
- Mrs Karen Harries, Lead Nurse Day Surgery Unit & Pre Assessment, King's College Hospital, London
- Dr Christina Beecroft, Clinical Services Director in Elective Perioperative Care, Ninewells Hospital Dundee, NHS Tayside