Tuesday 7th September 2021 Virtual Conference Back
A joint BADS and Healthcare Conferences UK Conference
Breast Surgery as Day Surgery
Tuesday 7th September 2021, Virtual Conference
Since the COVID-19 pandemic the NHS has described an "emergency in elective care" with waiting lists escalating and surgical bed availability greatly diminished. Never has it been more important to deliver high quality efficient surgical pathways which maximise productivity and minimise length of stay in order to tackle the escalating waiting lists and to reduce the impact on the valuable and vanishingly rare resource of elective surgical beds. HCUK and BADS are collaborating to deliver a series of one day virtual conferences aimed at improving day surgery pathways across a range of surgical specialties including Breast Surgery.
Attendance at this virtual conference - chaired by Miss Jo Marsden, President Elect, British Association of Day Surgery - will enable delegates to develop a day case management pathway for breast surgery and potential to improve trust management of breast surgical demand and capacity. The basic elements of a day surgery pathway will be presented including the evaluation of the quality of care provided. Specific details of multidisciplinary care specific to breast surgery management will be presented by acknowledged experts in the field from a variety of backgrounds, reflecting the importance of the multidisciplinary team in successful delivery of day surgery care for these patients.
Attending this conference will enable you to:
- Hear about changes identified by the GIRFT workstream to help tackle variations in delivery of breast surgery in the UK
- Understand how introducing day case breast surgery enhances patient-centred care & the therapeutic relationship
- Learn from outstanding practice in day case non-oncoplastic & oncoplastic breast surgery
- Understand how to improve the day case breast surgery service in your unit
- Identify key strategies for patient selection
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development
- Network with colleagues working to improve & optimise their day case breast surgery service
Further details and booking available here.
*REDUCED RATES for BADS Members - ONLY £100 + VAT - Quote HCUK100BADS when booking*
*SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Trainees of £100 + VAT*