Currently there is significant national variation in day-case endocrine surgery performance. Why, if some procedures are being undertaken as a day case, safely with good outcomes and patient experience, is this not being reproduced throughout the country?
The conference will provide you with the opportunity to share learning about successful day-case endocrine surgery and showcase what can be achieved, including key aspects of the day surgery pathway, current guidance and using data in its successful delivery. Join us to learn how this is achievable for our patients.
Attending this conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve day surgery endocrine surgery delivery
- Reflect on national developments
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest national practice
- Learn from outstanding practice in day case endocrine surgery
- Understand how you can improve your day surgery pathways
- Identify key strategies for implementation of day case endocrine surgery
- Self-assess and reflect on your own practice
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5 Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes
- Mr Gabriele Galatà Consultant in Endocrine and General Surgery, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Prof. Klaus-Martin Schulte Chair of Surgery, Australian National University, Camberra
- Ms Karen Harries President-Elect, BADS; Day Surgery Nursing Lead, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr Ammar Al-Lawati SCF in Endocrine and General Surgery, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr Ioannis Christakis Consultant Endocrine and General Surgeon, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
Reduced rates for BADS Members and Trainees (medical, nursing, allied health professionals) of only £100 + VAT on BADS/HCUK events.