Thursday 31st March 2022, Virtual Conference Back
A joint BADS & Healthcare Conferences UK Conference
Day Surgery in Gynaecology
Thursday 31st March 2022, Virtual Conference
Day surgery is now provided for an increasing range of procedures, in patients ranging from the very fit to the rather frail. It has become the standard of care for many elective surgery procedures and should be the default option for all 200 procedures withint the BADS Directory of Procedures 6th Edition.
Gynaecology as a specialty has long been a front runner in reducing length of stay. However, there are only a few trusts nationally who routinely undertake laparoscopic hysterectomies and vaginal repairs on a day case basis. This conference will hear from the teams at these trusts and learn how they implemented their day case pathways, the key to their success and how any obstacles were overcome.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Key components of a Day Surgery pathway
- Patient selection for Day Surgery
- How to develop a Day Surgical Gynaecological Service
- Managing complex patients on a day case basis
- How to move aspects of your service into an outpatient setting
- Managing emergency patients through an ambulatory pathway
*REDUCED RATES for BADS Members - ONLY £100 + VAT - Quote HCUK100BADS when booking*
*SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Trainees of £100 + VAT*