Join BADS, whose purpose is to promote excellence and maximise the delivery of day surgery in the UK. Share your passion for and interest in this with our growing BADS multidisciplinary community of healthcare professionals (surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses, allied health professionals and managers).
BADS strategic objectives are to
- Attract and maintain sufficient membership to attain and sustain national influence.
- Understand what excellence in day surgery looks like and how to share it.
- Maximise its reach within the UK.
Membership Benefits Include
- Discounted registration fees for the BADS Annual Conference, which is held every June and access to recordings of previous conferences
- Discounted registration fees for BADS/Healthcare Conferences UK one-day, speciality-focused virtual meetings
- Eligibility to apply for a BADS educational grant
- Free online access to BADS publications
- BADS handbooks
- BADS Directory of Procedures and National Dataset
- BADS Bitesize topics
- Access to BADS national DSU registry
- Peer-reviewed publication in the quarterly Journal of One Day Surgery (JODS) without payment fees
- Free membership of the International Association of Ambulatory Surgery (IAAS)
- Answers to queries relating to day surgery practice
Renewing Your Membership
If you choose to pay for your membership by debit or credit card, you will need to renew your authorisation every year, or your status as a member of BADS will lapse. You will receive a reminder when it is time to do this.
BADS MEMBERSHIP FEES
Quarterly Direct Debit
Direct debit is the most cost effective way to join BADS:
Permanent Medical Staff - £27.50 per quarter (annual total £110.00)
Nursing Staff, Doctor in Training, Managers and Retired Staff - £13.75 per quarter (annual total £55.00)
Annually by Credit/Debit Card
Permanent Medical Staff - £120.00
Nursing Staff, Doctor in Training, Managers and Retired Staff - £60.00
As a member of BADS, we store the personal information you have given us for the purposes of administration, sharing information about our activities with you, informing you of BADS events and those of related organisations that may be of interest to you as a BADS member.
Your information will not be shared in any other way with any other organisations. You may request your information be deleted at any time by contacting us.