The British Association of Day Surgery and Healthcare Conferences UK are pleased to announce this virtual conference focusing on Day Case Orthopaedic Trauma. Back
The GIRFT report on Orthopaedic trauma shows national variational on Orthopaedic trauma being delivered as a day case and has identified an opportunity to improve patient care and release the pressure on inpatient beds. Increasing the delivery of day case orthopaedic trauma surgery across the NHS is achievable and it is important to share learning so that day case surgery becomes the normal in units across the UK. Attendance at this conference will allow delegates to hear from some of the teams delivering high levels of Day Case Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, both for upper and lower limb trauma. Join us to see how units across the UK have been leading the journey to successful day surgery orthopaedic trauma delivery.
Key learning objectives:
- Understand the need nationally to support day surgery orthopaedic trauma delivery.
- Network with colleagues including those from the wider multi-disciplinary team who are working to improve day surgery orthopaedic trauma services.
- Learn from outstanding practice in day surgery orthopaedic trauma provision.
- Reflect on national developments and learning.
- Understand how you can challenge your day surgery pathways and improve patient experiences.
- Identify key strategies for implementation of a day surgery trauma pathway.
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest national practice.
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice.
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes
Chair and Speakers include:
- Dr Kim Russon Past President BADS; Consultant Anaesthetist, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- Ms Sarah Stapely Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mr Bob Handley Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; GIRFT Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery Clinical Lead
- Helen Carver Trauma Co-ordinator, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust